Friday, June 21, 2013

Painted Pots For Your Home

 

Pots are perfect for decorating especially with flowering plants on it. It is a great addition to your patio, deck or entrance way. Terracotta and clay pots are the two most common pots used in decorating. Others customized it by painting and putting designs on it.

It was Saturday and my day off from work but it's the day to clean the house and redecorating it. I was inspired by the magazine that I have read a week ago about home decorating. I woke up very early to start my weekend routine. I made a one round jogging at our block. I prepared breakfast and set the table for my family. I started cleaning the kitchen, next the bathroom, then the living room and lastly, the patio and my little garden.

In our patio, I have hanging plants with bougainvillea and several terracotta, ceramic and clay pots for my other flowering plants. I painted my pots with different colors to have a more interesting look. One of my friend shared her ideas in making a beautiful arts and crafts. I have my own version, too. I will share with you how I do it.

  • Things you need:
  • terracotta or clay pots
  • paint (spray, acrylic, oil based enamel)
  • gloves
  • old newspaper
  • stiff brush
  • wet cloth

1. Cover your work surface with old newspapers.
2. Scrub your new terracotta pots with a stiff brush to smooth the bumps and imperfections.
3. Wipe the pot with a dump cloth to remove the dirt and dust. Dry it before painting 4. Seal the inside of the pot using acrylic spray paint. The clear paint seals the pot and the moisture from leaching outside the pot.
5. Allow the paint to dry before painting the outside part of the pot.
6. Layer the pot with a primer paint as first coating.
7. Paint the outside of the pot. Use a thin coat of high gloss exterior enamel spray paint. You spray paint it up to the brim of the pot.
8. Let the pot dry out.
9. Add your designs.

Now you can try this at home. Make your own design and make your patio or deck more appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment