Monday, June 17, 2013

A Special Gift for My Dad


Father' day is celebrated every the third Sunday of June. It is a celebration in honoring the fathers and fatherhood. Father's day also differ from country to country. How would you like to celebrate Father's Day?

My father is a busy man. He works 5 days a week but sometimes during weekend, he have paper works too. He works as a manager in a manufacturing firm. Despite of his busy schedule, he never fail to be a father to us. When we are still young, and mom is away he even cook our food, prepare our uniforms and accompany us to school. He even washes our clothes, too. Since today is Father's my siblings and I prepare a very special dinner for him and of course, each of us has a gift also even our mom.


We went to the church early morning and had our lunch at one of dad's favorite restaurant and it's our treat. After lunch, mom asked dad to accompany her to buy something while the three of us (my siblings) hurried home to prepare for our simple party. We cooked dad's favorite food chicken adobo and grilled pork. I set up the table in our patio while my brother's cooked. It took us almost three hours to prepare the venue. We put balloons and flowers as decoration. When everything is set up, we text our mom that they can go home now. We turned off the lights as if nobody's home yet. When dad and mom arrived, dad asked mom if where are we because it seemed that nobody's home. Mom just smiled at him. When the car parked at the garage, everybody is already excited. When the lights is turned on we all shouted "Happy Father's Dad Daddy"! Dad was teary-eyed and all of us hugged him.

We had our dinner and each of us give our messages to our dad and also our gifts. My eldest brother gave him a watch, my younger brother gave him a toolbox complete with tools and I gave him a braided money tree for his desk at the office. They said that this money tree is called "Bringer of Fortune". I hope dad will receive more fortune. This was a great day for all of us. I hope everyone else do.

No comments:

Post a Comment