Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Fun-Filled Reunion at Tost Bistro


"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand." - Henri Nouwen.

It was May 30th. The date set for our reunion. I was really excited. I called up some of our friends to come and join us. We settled at Tost Bistro Bar at 14415 Blanco Rd, San Antonio, Texas. They said that it is a beautiful place with delectable menus. At 6:00 PM, I'm already on my way to Tost. When arrived, the place is already crowded with people having dinner. I was glad that we had a reservation. The restaurant has a cozy ambiance although there's no any decors that is interesting like artificial English ivy creeping on the walls or fence (just like what I usually saw in a restaurant) I was assisted by the staff to our table. I saw old friends and classmates having their chit-chat. Everybody said hi and others gave a warm hug. It really feels great. I'm so glad to see some of them happily married and some with a successful career. We had so much fun reminiscing the past. We talked about so many things that laughter filled inside the restaurant.



We ordered the shiner cheddar soup, fried oyster, glazed pork belly, shrimp a la plancha, roasted none in chicken and a lot more. They ordered their own favorite, too. After a bountiful meal, we moved to the lounge and have a taste of their cocktails.I tried the Satin Manhattan. It tasted great. Some ordered French Mojito and Express Martini.

Everyone is really having a great time, enjoying each others company and again the lounge was filled with laughter. Others were dancing in the rhythm of the music played by the band. I was a fun-filled reunion. We even decided to have this regularly and that would be every May 30th. It was agreed by everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment