Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Knowing What Our Kids Need


Gardening is a hobby that not everybody loves, especially because one needs to have contact with soil. Although nowadays, there are already gardening gloves to protect our hands but it is still different when you have a feel of the soil. It also requires your time, energy, and effort, since you will be growing live plants. your knowledge and skills as a gardener also grows together with your plants. I could still remember how I used to hate gardening when I was a kid, but because of my grandmother's teaching and advices I have come to realize that it is not a bad hobby after all. I then swore to myself that someday if I have my own family and kids, I would influence them to love gardening because it is a very relaxing activity plus it helps our environment and it adds beauty not only in our house but in our world as well.


When I first introduced gardening to my son , I know that he had little to no interest at it. Good thing that there are now gardening tools and seed starter kit available for our little ones. It would definitely help them understand that their actions have greater impact not only in our society but on the larger scale of the world. I was once told that when I see my kid running around and doing all kinds of stuff and trying everything that they are curious of, I should not stop him, instead just trust him that on the process he is learning. So it is also the same in gardening. Little by little they would somehow understand and would help them become better persons in the future, it will shape them to who they will be in the future. 


There is no better way to spend time with your kids, than in the garden except from playing of course. Playing is their number one priority and other stuff comes next, they really don't care what the second priority is because they are too busy thinking about their playtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment