Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Health Benefits Of Walking For Expectant Mothers

 

Walking is the best form of exercise. It keeps your fit without jarring your knees and ankles. It's also easy to do almost anywhere, doesn't require any equipment beyond a good pair of supportive shoes, and is safe throughout all nine months of pregnancy. Walking is also thought to help ease labor for a faster delivery. Other benefits of walking during pregnancy include lessening the occurrence of side effects as well as the risk of gestational diabetes. It is high blood sugar during pregnancy and can cause the baby to be born too large or have jaundice. So, walking during pregnancy can result in positive health benefits for both mother and child. With all these information I have gathered over the internet, I see to it that I get at least 15-30 minutes of walking exercise everyday.


Yesterday, while walking my way to the office, I was prettily amazed by how our city has developed. Now, there are more street lights, buildings everywhere, and food establishments in every side of the street. More people are walking because of the road widening project of the city government. They feel more safe and secure because of the city lights and there is a pathway especially made for those who wants to walk or jog. I also saw fiberglass window boxes installed at the side railings of the bridge. I never though that these window boxes could be used in bridges too. But it actually looked good especially with the outdoor plants and flowers that they have planted on it. It was really an amazing walking session on my way to the office. And I plan to so it every other day as a form of exercise, especially now that I'm just counting days before I give birth.


Having a child is always a life-changing, momentous experience that can leave us, mothers, feeling simultaneously ecstatic, overwhelmed and anxious. Always remember to at least have time for yourself, especially have time to exercise because it can put you in better shape, lifts up your mood and spirit too.

No comments:

Post a Comment