Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Place We Call Our Own


A house is a place where we live, and it is a place where love and building of character happens. I remember when I was younger, my parents and I used to lived with my grandparents house because they can not afford to build a house just yet. At that time, my uncle and his kid's are also staying at the same house as ours, Having 3 families under one roof has always been happy but at the same time complicated. We were the first to move out of our grandparents house, my mom and dad decided to rent a house since they were just starting . After 3 years of renting, and mom and dad were able to save up some money, they have decided to build a house of our own. 


They bought a land and started to build our new home. We were all excited for the house to finish because we wanted to move in immediately. It took months for the house to be fully furnished, and at last, the day has arrived for us to move into our new home, a place we can call our own. We had separate rooms for reasons I don't understand since I was still young. But, I'm happy because I would have a space of my own and I could just hide in my room if I don't feel like talking to anybody or If I got scolded by my mother. I like our new house because it's very cozy and we can do whatever we want unlike staying at our grandparents house our movement is very limited, since we need to consider the feelings of others. 


My room is parallel to our parents room, while my brother's room is located just beside mine. Every Saturday is our general cleaning day, since mom is also working, she do not have ample time to clean our house. She had assigned a specific task for me since I am a girl and I need to be familiarize with the household chores. After cleaning my room and our living room, I would water the flowers on my window. The flowers are planted on a scroll window basket with a coco liner, the flowers fits my windows perfectly. reminiscing all of those happy moments would bring tears to my eyes, a mix emotion of happiness and regret at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment